From the Desk of
J. Michael Cross County Executive
It is with sadness and a heavy heart that Fentress County Government and the Fentress County Sheriff’s Department say a final farewell to our friend Perry Stockton. Perry’s passing leaves us all with such a huge sense of loss. He will be long remembered for his kindness, professionalism, dedication and devotion to his job as a Fentress County Deputy. Just earlier this year, we had the chance of honoring Perry for his service. The motto “To Serve and Protect” was Perry Stockton’s lifelong legacy. We will all miss you, my friend.
- B & B Communications from Hazard, Kentucky should be working to complete the erection of the 180 foot Emergency Communications Tower in the Clarkrange area this week.
- The Fentress County Commission has awarded the bid to build a security fence around the new tower to Tennessee Fence Systems for $3,237.50.
- Fentress County Government has accepted another 180 feet communications tower from TEMA with no cost to the county. EMA Director James Bilbrey will be traveling to Murfreesboro this week to transport the tower to the Pall Mall area. We hope to erect this second tower near the Pall Mall Volunteer Fire Department next year.
- The Fentress County Commission awarded the bid of $56,100.00 to P & L Construction LLC to build the retaining wall on the west side of the Fentress County Courthouse in the location of the old jail. This will complete stage two of the Courthouse Beautification Plan.
- As soon as the retaining wall is completed, the Fentress County Chamber of Commerce’s Beautification Grant in the amount of $27,000.00 will be used to complete the Courthouse Project.
- We are working closely with Grant Writer Amanda Mainord, Representatives John Mark Windle and Kelly Keisling to work out details for the administration of the $375,000.00 THDA Housing Grant for the elderly and lower income families in Fentress County.
- We are also working with Amanda Mainord toward finalizing the details of Fentress County’s CDBG Grant in the amount of $315,000.00 to build an Emergency Shelter in the Pall Mall Community near their Volunteer Fire Department.
We are nearing completion of the ECD Conference Room on the second floor of the Fentress County Courthouse. This will coincide with the launching of Fentress County’s Economic Development Website sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Economic Development. We can be reached at 879-7713. Executive Assistant Amanda Hicks can also be reached at ten.s1529321553ekalw1529321553t@skc1529321553ihadn1529321553ama1529321553. County Commission Meetings are held every third Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. following a 5:00 o’clock work session. All meetings are open to the public.